2014 Children's and Teen Summer Reading Program
Kids who read during the summer get better grades than those who don't. (Want proof?)
While this could be enough reason to enroll your child in Satilla Regional Library's Summer Reading Program, we like to sweeten the deal a little bit: in addition to all the benefits that come with reading for pleasure, the Summer Reading Program also offers weekly special performances by talented storytellers, entertainers, and musicians, and different local programs every week!
We will have performers every Wednesday in Douglas at 11:00 a.m. and in Atkinson County (alternating between Pearson and Willacoochee locations) at 2:30 p.m. There will be no performer the week of June 30-July 4 only.
The week of June 30-July 4 we will have our Teddy Bear Picnic during Story and Craft times for each branch!! Bring your teddy bears, stuffed animals, and a smile!!
Kids can earn prizes by reading throughout the summer, and be entered to win a grand prize at the end!
How Can I Sign Up?
- Starting May 22, 2014, visit your local branch and fill out a a registration square form (for children (birth-12 years). If you are a teen (ages 13-18 years) you will sign up on a summer reading program list. You'll receive a reading log with other goodies and information about the summer schedule.
- If you don't already have a PINES library card, complete a registration form. (Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent to register for a library card. Valid photo ID and proof of address required.)
- Start checking out books and recording them in your reading log (title & author)! Read your books, or have someone read them to you.
Summer Reading Program Rules
- Only library books count! You can log books that you read in the library only if they have been checked out first.
- Books and magazines can be checked out and read during pre-registration, but NO PRIZES will be given out until the first week, June 2-June 6, 2014. When you read books the week before it starts, these can be counted toward your first week's reading.
- For Children and Teens: You may start bringing your reading log in the first week of Summer Reading Program. It will be counted once per week. You may read as many books as you like for your reading log. We would like you to read for enjoyment.
- For Children: As a reward for reading every week, you will earn a weekly prize!! Each time you come to the library and earn a prize, you will be entered (8 chances; one per week) for the Grand Prize drawing the end of the Summer!!
- For Teens: You will earn an entry each week for the Grand Prize Drawing at the end of summer!
- Mid-Summer Reading Program drawing for Children and Teens!! We will be awarding a prize of a Dinner for Four to Zaxby's and a fifty dollar gift card to Rockin' 8 Cinemas!! Each time you visit once per week at any of our locations and show your reading log you are entered! The last day to be entered is Thursday, June 26, 2014 by closing. The winner will be drawn on Friday, June 27, 2014!! Everyone has up to four chances to win!
- Grand Prize Drawing for Children and Teens!! There will be one Grand Prize winner for children and teens each. For each week you bring in your reading log, you have a chance to enter!! The Children's Grand Prize is a $50.00 Gift Card to Wal-Mart and the Teen's Grand Prize is a Nook HD 9” 32 GB Memory Tablet!! Winners will be announced July 25th!!